Thursday, November 20, 2014

A look at Chapter 12

Chapter 12 discusses cinema in the 1960's and highlights how film was becoming a prominent feature i many countries. There were several major directors that were popularized in this era. I found Australian cinema to be the most interesting to me, as I recognized several films mentioned by this chapter. Crocodile Dundee was released in the 80's by Paul Hogan and was an immediate hit. Anther movie that gained enormous prominence around this time was Top Gun. I think most people can think back to this film as it showed some highly publicized actors/actresses in their early careers.
George Miller was another major Australian filmmaker. He released movies such as Mad Max and Twilight Zone: The Movie. These movies were big hits in Hollywood in this era. It is interesting to learn that they were not actually produced in the United States, but rather by Australian filmmakers.
I discussed mostly movies that were popular in United States, but the chapter highlights many films that gained much popularity in other countries. It is important to recognize these as well because cinema has learned a lot from international films. Most countries have had made some contribution to the world of film.



Gomery, Douglas; Pafort-Overduin, Clara (2011-02-28). Movie History: A Survey: Second Edition (Kindle Location 8654). Taylor and Francis. Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment