Friday, October 3, 2014

There are many types of television that people taking a liking to. These include reality shows, sitcoms, crime-dramas, etc. In today's world there is such a large variety of television that is offered to the public. In the past you had basic cable where you were only able to watch what was playing live on your tv. If you weren't interested in a channel, you only had a limited few other option to choose from. In a modern society, you have access to anything you can possibly imagine. I personally rarely watch live tv anymore. I find myself going straight to On Demend when I do watch tv. You can also even watch tv on your laptops or through entertainment packages like Netflix and Hulu. The plethora of television content is overwhelming.
I personally find myself strictly watching sitcoms and the occasional documentary-style television show. I don't really expand my tastes to much when watching tv. I'd rather watch a repeat episode of the Office than sit down and watch an episode of Law and Order.

6 comments:

  1. I understand what you're saying about not straying to watch any other tv besides documentary or sitcom. But why not watch a pilot for a show that gets great reviews? It doesn't have to be a "law and order" type show. Try something on FX or AMC you might enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other thing is. I watch all shows that are similar now because i basically only watch netflix and when i pick a show i like it suggest more shows like it so then i watch another show like that show and then more and more and more so then i never lever that genre. we are turning into a boring world that doesn't even chose a show for ourselves anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I personally LOVE tv and watch probably way to many shows but I love it. I've definitely expanded my range of shows as I've gotten older. I've taken a lot of "risks" in trying new shows. Things like Dexter, breaking bad, mad men, and sons of anarchy. All major award winning shows and also very adult oriented content. I fell like today tv is growing and producing better and better content. Don't get me wrong I love a good laugh when I watch shows like Big Bang Theory, but I also like the idea of being surprised and challenged by how i should feel when it comes to characters. You should definitely take a look at some of these shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what you said about having so many shows to choose from. But I also agree with what Ryan said about trying something new with a new show that gets great reviews. I usually don't watch much TV, I usually stick to Netflix. But in the fall I watch Sleepy Hollow, How to get away with murder, and Walking Dead. But when I do watch them I record them so I don't have to see the commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand what you mean as well. I often find myself watching netflix or movies on demand as well, but lately I've started getting into more live TV. I watched the season premiere of American horror story last night and I started watching how to get away with murder. Both awesome and suspenseful shows that keep you coming back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel that as college kids, it's just more convenient to watch tv online or on demand. It's the shows we want when we want. I know that it's at least easier for me because i can catch up on my tv on the weekends and leave school work for the week. It's very rare i watch TV live because i usually have homework that I can't focus on when I'm watching tv live. When I do watch tv live it's only for shows I know will be on social media and have a higher risk of being spoiled for me.

    ReplyDelete