Obviously there have been a lot of WWII movies in the past. From Saving Private Ryan to Schindler's List. I think these types of films are very important to the history of the war and its good that the plots change up once in a while. Its not always the action of battle that needs to be presented in these films.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
I want to talm about a film I just saw called Fury. It was based on the American soldiers who commanded the tanks in WWII. I thought the movie was really good. I normally lose my attention pretty quick when watching movies, but this one had me watching the whole time. I think that the film did a good job in presenting the action in the battle scenes, while focusing on other aspects of the war at the same time. It wasn't all about fighting, it looked more in depth at the characters and how their thoughts and actions were portrayed during the war.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I too saw this movie a couple of days ago and really liked this movie. Besides the fact that this movie was star-studded, this movie really provided a different insight about WWII. With Saving Private Ryan about the Invasion of Normandy and that being the turning point of WWII, I never really thought about the tank aspect of WWII and how the Germany's tanks were far superior to those of the US.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that this movie wasn't all about the fighting and how it depicted more of the characters thoughts and actions and how real it seemed when they were in battle. This movie did a very good job providing the insight of how real the war is for these soldiers and how you can get shot and killed in the blink of an eye. This movie gets a solid 9/10 in my book.
I've been meaning to watch this movie, but I just haven't had the time or really the money to go and see all these movies i've wanted to go see. This was definitely one of the ones I wanted to watch because I love WWII films and documentaries. Its one of my favorite time periods. I've heard mixed reviews about this movie some thats its amazing and others that it just doesn't really resonate. I'm excited to watch it and make up my mind about it. But I like that you mentioned that they focus on the characters. Lastly, I heard about a lot of method acting that happened in the movie so I definitely want to keep a look out for that stuff too.
ReplyDelete